October 18, 2020
Cheesy Onion Pull Apart Bread
Cheesy Onion Pull Apart Bread is a bread with sauteed herbed onion and mozzarella cheese rolled in between the layers.Cheesy Onion Pull Apart Bread gets it’s name because of the way each roll is placed and you have to pull them out to serve them.
Ingredients Required For Dough:
- Flour- 300 gm
- Sugar- 15 gm
- Salt- 6 gm
- Olive oil- 10 gm
- Yeast- 5 gm
- water- 50%
- Sliced onion- 100 gm
- Mixed Herbs- 1 gm
- Oil- 30 ml
- mozzarella cheese- 40 gm
Cheesy Onion Pull Apart Bread Method:
- First start with fly fermenting the yeast with a pinch of sugar and luke warm water.Then keep it aside for sometime till it activates.
- Sieve the flour and add sugar and salt ,mix well. Once done add activated yeast and some amount of water .Combine all the ingredients into a dough.
- Then add olive oil and knead the dough well.Finally add the rest of the water and knead to a smooth dough.Now allow the dough to rest ( Bulk Fermentation) for 10 mts.
- In the mean time heat oil on a frying pan and sautee sliced onion with mixed herbs and keep aside.
- Once Fermented give knock back and roll the dough to a rectangular sheet.Now apply water with a brush and sprinkle with sauteed herbed onion and grated mozzarella cheese.
- Roll the dough into a long cylinder and then divide them into thick pieces.Now place them in a greased baking tin with little gap in between.
- Allow to proof,once proofed apply water and sprinkle mixed herbs.once done bake it in the pre-heated oven at 220c for about 13 to 15 minutes.
- After removing from the oven allow the bread to cool down before serving.
Cheesy Onion Pull Apart Bread Making Tips:
We hva made the bread using a cake tin where as it can be made in square tray as well,what is important is how you place the rolls in order to allow them to stick together,hence the name.Apply oil after baking,it gives shining and makes the bread soft.
To watch the method in video: